Pilbara Railways Image Collection

The entire photo collection of images scanned from negatives and slides and digital images.


Home Login
Album list Last uploads Last comments Most viewed Top rated My Favourites Search
Last additions
200914_7807.jpg
200914 780718 viewsPilbara Railways Historical Society, former ALCo built demonstrator locomotive model C-415 serial 3449-1 built April 1966, currently carrying number 1000, it was originally numbered 008 when Hamersley Iron purchased the unit in 1968. It was retired from service on the 24th February 1982. It then spent some time carrying number 2000 while building the Marandoo railway line from Sept 1991. 14th September 2020.Sep 25, 2020
200914_7806.jpg
200914 780616 viewsPilbara Railways Historical Society, view of the bogie under ALCo built locomotive model S-2 serial 69214 built in 1940 for the Spokane, Portland and Seattle as their #21 and retired in 1964 before coming to Australia in September 1965, numbered 007 and called 'Mabel'. Retired in December 1972 and donated to the Society in 1976. 14th September 2020.Sep 25, 2020
200914_7805.jpg
200914 780517 viewsPilbara Railways Historical Society, monument for the dedication of Hamersley Iron rail maintenance camp 'Camp Curlewis', the camp closed in November 1987. 14th September 2020.Sep 25, 2020
200914_7804.jpg
200914 780421 viewsPilbara Railways Historical Society, ALCo built locomotive model S-2 serial 69214 built in 1940 for the Spokane, Portland and Seattle as their #21 and retired in 1964 before coming to Australia in September 1965, numbered 007 and called 'Mabel'. Retired in December 1972 and donated to the Society in 1976. 14th September 2020.Sep 25, 2020
200914_7803.jpg
200914 780316 viewsPilbara Railways Historical Society museum, bogie view of former Cliffs Robe River Iron Associates RSD-3 model ALCo locomotive built by Montreal Locomotive Works (MLW) in 1951 for NSWGR as the 40 class 4002 serial 77733, purchased by CRRIA in 1971 and numbered 261.002, then 1705 and finally 9405. 4002 is preserved in an operational state and another claim to fame is it run the Royal Train in NSW February 1954. Donated to the Society in 1979. 14th September 2020.Sep 25, 2020
200914_7802.jpg
200914 780218 viewsPilbara Railways Historical Society museum, former Cliffs Robe River Iron Associates RSD-3 model ALCo locomotive built by Montreal Locomotive Works (MLW) in 1951 for NSWGR as the 40 class 4002 serial 77733, purchased by CRRIA in 1971 and numbered 261.002, then 1705 and finally 9405. 4002 is preserved in an operational state and another claim to fame is it run the Royal Train in NSW February 1954. Donated to the Society in 1979. 14th September 2020.Sep 25, 2020
200914_7801.jpg
200914 780119 viewsPilbara Railways Historical Society museum, former Cliffs Robe River Iron Associates RSD-3 model ALCo locomotive built by Montreal Locomotive Works (MLW) in 1951 for NSWGR as the 40 class 4002 serial 77733, purchased by CRRIA in 1971 and numbered 261.002, then 1705 and finally 9405. 4002 is preserved in an operational state and another claim to fame is it run the Royal Train in NSW February 1954. Donated to the Society in 1979. 14th September 2020.Sep 25, 2020
200914_7800.jpg
200914 780021 viewsPilbara Railways Historical Society, Comeng WA ALCo rebuild C636R locomotive 3017 serial WA-135-C-6043-04. The improved Pilbara cab was fitted as part of the rebuild in April 1985. Donated to Society in 1996. 14th September 2020.Sep 25, 2020
200914_7799.jpg
200914 779918 viewsPilbara Railways Historical Society, Comeng WA ALCo rebuild C636R locomotive 3017 serial WA-135-C-6043-04. The improved Pilbara cab was fitted as part of the rebuild in April 1985. Donated to Society in 1996. 14th September 2020.Sep 25, 2020
200914_7798.jpg
200914 779819 viewsPilbara Railways Historical Society, view looking north with locomotives from the left; former Mt Newman Mining EMD F7A 5450, former Mt Newman Mining / BHP ALCo M636 5502, former Cliffs Robe River ALCo RSD3 4002, a glimpse of former Goldsworthy Mining English Electric ST95B 1 and former Hamersley Iron ALCo C-415 1000. 14th September 2020.Sep 25, 2020
200914_7797.jpg
200914 779721 viewsPilbara Railways Historical Society, Comeng WA ALCo rebuild C636R locomotive 3017 serial WA-135-C-6043-04. The improved Pilbara cab was fitted as part of the rebuild in April 1985. Donated to Society in 1996. 14th September 2020.Sep 25, 2020
200914_7796.jpg
200914 779619 viewsPilbara Railways Historical Society, passenger carriage 'Bellany' was originally built by Clyde Engineering at Granville NSW in 1936 for the NSWGR as a second class railway carriage FS type FS 2143. In 1987 it was purchased by the Society and is named after a local river. 14th September 2020.Sep 25, 2020
200914_7795.jpg
200914 779518 viewsPilbara Railways Historical Society, side view of a NSWGR 2AE type bogie. 14th September 2020.Sep 25, 2020
200914_7794.jpg
200914 779417 viewsPilbara Railways Historical Society, a pair of NSWGR 2AE type bogies. 14th September 2020.Sep 25, 2020
200914_7793.jpg
200914 779314 viewsPilbara Railways Historical Society, bearing journal box of the former NSWGR four wheel underframe. 14th September 2020.Sep 25, 2020
200914_7792.jpg
200914 779222 viewsPilbara Railways Historical Society, MT 2 a type of shunters float on an old NSWGR four wheel underframe. 14th September 2020.Sep 25, 2020
200914_7791.jpg
200914 779119 viewsPilbara Railways Historical Society, passenger carriage 'Bellany' was originally built by Clyde Engineering at Granville NSW in 1936 for the NSWGR as a second class railway carriage FS type FS 2143. In 1987 it was purchased by the Society and is named after a local river. 14th September 2020.Sep 25, 2020
200914_7790.jpg
200914 779025 viewsPilbara Railways Historical Society, brake van 'Portland' was originally a NSWGR MHO type guards van MHO 2321, then recoded to KB type mail van, then to KBY 2513 guards van. It was built by Clyde Engineering at Granville and purchased in 1987 by the Society, it is named after a local river. 14th September 2020.Sep 25, 2020
200914_7789.jpg
200914 778921 viewsPilbara Railways Historical Society, passenger carriage 'Fortescue' was originally built by Clyde Engineering at Granville NSW in 1936 for the NSWGR as a second class railway carriage FS type FS 2141. In 1975 it was purchased by the Society and is named after a local river. 14th September 2020.Sep 25, 2020
200914_7788.jpg
200914 778821 viewsPilbara Railways Historical Society, passenger carriage 'Weelumurra' was originally built by Clyde Engineering at Granville NSW in 1936 for the NSWGR as a second class railway carriage FS type FS 2138. In 1975 it was purchased by the Society and is named after a local river. 14th September 2020.Sep 25, 2020
14262 files on 714 page(s) 13

Set Back to Pilbara Yard / Photo Gallery / Blog / Departure Yard / BHP Road / Fortescue Metals Road / Rio Tinto Road / Roy Hill Road / Comalco Siding
Website and all images are © 1997-2021 www.pilbararailways.com.au Contact Us
Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional