Pilbara Railways Image Collection

The entire photo collection of images scanned from negatives and slides and digital images.


Home Login
Album list Last uploads Last comments Most viewed Top rated My Favourites Search
Home > Pilbara negative and digital Albums - Iron Ore > Pilbara Railways Historical Society

041014_122434.jpg
041014 12243412 viewsPilbara Railways Historical Society, the Locotrol 'cab' from Goninan WA rebuild CM40-8ML unit 5663 Newcastle, one of three units built without a driving cab in 1994 but with a Locotrol equipment cabinet to do away with the Locotrol waggons that were in use at the time. Eventually the three locomotives had driving cabs fitted. Donated to the Society around 1998? 14th October 2004.
041014_122446.jpg
041014 1224466 viewsPilbara Railways Historical Society, the builders plate from Goninan WA rebuild CM40-8ML unit 5663 Newcastle, one of three units built without a driving cab in 1994 but with a Locotrol equipment cabinet to do away with the Locotrol waggons that were in use at the time. Donated to the Society around 1998? 14th October 2004.
041014_122512.jpg
041014 1225129 viewsPilbara Railways Historical Society, former ALCo built demonstrator locomotive model C-415 serial 3449-1 built April 1966, currently carrying number 1000, it was originally numbered 008 when Hamersley Iron purchased the unit. It also spent some time carrying number 2000. Donated to the Society in 1972. 14th October 2004.
041014_122536.jpg
041014 1225369 viewsPilbara Railways Historical Society museum, Australian built by Comeng NSW an MLW ALCo M636 unit formerly owned by Mt Newman Mining and BHP Iron Ore 5502 serial number C6096-7 built in July 1976, retired in 1994, donated to the Society in November 1995. 14th October 2004.
041014_122542.jpg
041014 1225426 viewsPilbara Railways Historical Society museum, Australian built by Comeng NSW an MLW ALCo M636 unit formerly owned by Mt Newman Mining and BHP Iron Ore 5502 serial number C6096-7 built in July 1976, retired in 1994, donated to the Society in November 1995. 14th October 2004.
041014_122600.jpg
041014 1226004 viewsPilbara Railways Historical Society, Goldsworthy Mining Ltd B class unit 1, an English Electric built ST95B model, originally built in 1965 serial A-104, due to accident damage rebuilt on new frame with serial A-232 in 1970. These units of Bo-Bo design with a 6CSRKT 640 kW prime mover and built at the Rocklea Qld plant. Donated to Society in 1995. 14th October 2004.
041014_122626.jpg
041014 1226264 viewsPilbara Railways Historical Society, Goldsworthy Mining Ltd B class unit 1, an English Electric built ST95B model, originally built in 1965 serial A-104, due to accident damage rebuilt on new frame with serial A-232 in 1970. These units of Bo-Bo design with a 6CSRKT 640 kW prime mover and built at the Rocklea Qld plant. Donated to Society in 1995. 14th October 2004.
041014_122804.jpg
041014 1228046 viewsPilbara Railways Historical Society, Mancha battery hauler from the former CSR underground blue asbestos mine at Wittenoom, driving position is at the rear in this shot. Shows misspelling on the side of EXPRSS rather than express. Donated to the Society in 2003. 14th October 2004.
041014_122810.jpg
041014 1228105 viewsPilbara Railways Historical Society, Mancha battery hauler from the former CSR underground blue asbestos mine at Wittenoom, driving position is at the rear in this shot. Shows misspelling on the side of EXPRSS rather than express. Donated to the Society in 2003. 14th October 2004.
041014_122920.jpg
041014 1229205 viewsPilbara Railways Historical Society, the Locotrol 'cab' from Goninan WA rebuild CM40-8ML unit 5663 Newcastle, one of three units built without a driving cab in 1994 but with a Locotrol equipment cabinet to do away with the Locotrol waggons that were in use at the time. Eventually the three locomotives had driving cabs fitted. Donated to the Society around 1998? 14th October 2004.
041014_141930.jpg
041014 1419304 viewsPilbara Railways Historical Society, view along the passenger carriages, closest is the 'Conference Car' with SV 4 still visible, originally built by Clyde Engineering at Granville NSW in 1935 for the NSWGR as a second class railway carriage FS type FS 2010. In 1975 it was purchased by Hamersley Iron and converted to an inspection vehicle SV 4. When donated to the Society it was repurposed as a conference car. 14th October 2004.
041014_142030.jpg
041014 1420304 viewsPilbara Railways Historical Society, rebuilt ALCo C636R locomotive 3017 and passenger carriage 'Bellany' was originally built by Clyde Engineering at Granville NSW in 1936 for the NSWGR as a second class railway carriage FS type FS 2143. In 1987 it was purchased by the Society and is named after a local river. 14th October 2004.
041014_142048.jpg
041014 1420485 viewsPilbara Railways Historical Society, Comeng WA ALCo rebuild C636R locomotive 3017 serial WA-135-C-6043-04. The improved Pilbara cab was fitted as part of the rebuild in April 1985. Donated to Society in 1996. 14th October 2004.
041014_142058.jpg
041014 1420584 viewsPilbara Railways Historical Society, Comeng WA ALCo rebuild C636R locomotive 3017 serial WA-135-C-6043-04. The improved Pilbara cab was fitted as part of the rebuild in April 1985. Donated to Society in 1996. 14th October 2004.
041014_142110.jpg
041014 1421103 viewsPilbara Railways Historical Society, Comeng WA ALCo rebuild C636R locomotive 3017 serial WA-135-C-6043-04. The improved Pilbara cab was fitted as part of the rebuild in April 1985. Donated to Society in 1996. 14th October 2004.
041014_142128.jpg
041014 1421286 viewsPilbara Railways Historical Society, Comeng WA ALCo rebuild C636R locomotive 3017 serial WA-135-C-6043-04. The improved Pilbara cab was fitted as part of the rebuild in April 1985. Donated to Society in 1996. 14th October 2004.
041014_142144.jpg
041014 1421442 viewsPilbara Railways Historical Society, Comeng WA ALCo rebuild C636R locomotive 3017 serial WA-135-C-6043-04. The improved Pilbara cab was fitted as part of the rebuild in April 1985. Donated to Society in 1996. 14th October 2004.
041014_142225.jpg
041014 1422255 viewsPilbara Railways Historical Society, Comeng WA ALCo rebuild C636R locomotive 3017 serial WA-135-C-6043-04. The improved Pilbara cab was fitted as part of the rebuild in April 1985. Donated to Society in 1996. 14th October 2004.
041014_142239.jpg
041014 1422394 viewsPilbara Railways Historical Society, Comeng WA ALCo rebuild C636R locomotive 3017 serial WA-135-C-6043-04. The improved Pilbara cab was fitted as part of the rebuild in April 1985. Donated to Society in 1996. 14th October 2004.
041014_142318.jpg
041014 1423187 viewsPilbara Railways Historical Society, view along the passenger carriages behind rebuilt ALCo C636R locomotive 3017 with the first passenger carriage 'Bellany' was originally built by Clyde Engineering at Granville NSW in 1936 for the NSWGR as a second class railway carriage FS type FS 2143. In 1987 it was purchased by the Society and is named after a local river. The next carriage is van 'Portland' and originally an NSWGR MHO type guards van MHO 2321, then recoded to KB type mail van, then to KBY 2513 guards van. 14th October 2004.
115 files on 6 page(s) 1

Set Back to Pilbara Yard / Photo Gallery / Blog / Departure Yard / BHP Road / Fortescue Metals Road / Rio Tinto Road / Roy Hill Road / Comalco Siding
Website and all images are © 1997-2020 www.pilbararailways.com.au Contact Us
Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional